Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How to retrieve data from a crash computer

Last weekend Larry’s computer wasn’t booting up, his hard drive took a dive. He wanted to see if I could retrieve his photos and other misc. data. I have several of these external hard drive enclosures with USB connections for this type of situations. I have enclosures for notebooks 2.5” drives and regular computers 3.5”drives for backing up my data. I removed his hard drive from his notebook and installed it in the 2.5” enclosure. Then connected it to my computer via USB and fortunately I could still get his data out. Use this technique if you ever get this type of problem. You should regularly back up your data. I have several backup drives to for my 50gigibyte of music, 30gigibytes of photos, programs and misc. stuff. I know it’s going over board when backing up the backup drives.
For computer problems email me, I might have a solution .
– computer bob.

No comments: