Thursday, October 19, 2006

More memory!

Lately, I’ve been shooting a lot of pictures in the RAW mode and running out of memory. Solution, buy another CF or a portable digitial storage. I bought a USB portable digital storage w/ a card reader VP-3620S at geeks.com and a 1.8” 30GB hard drive Toshiba MK3006GAL on eBay (total cost $125 less than 4GB CF and 7.5 times more storage capacity – that’s a lot of pictures). It works great, a 1GB CF card only takes 5 minutes to transfer and it’s so easy to use. The VP-3620s support most of the memory cards and the USB host can to talk to a PDA, USB Flash drive, mobile phone, or Digital camera (didn't work with my 30d, but it did work w/my Cybershot). It’s also a MP3 player, FM radio and voice recorder. Geeks also sell the VP-3620s with a refurbished 40GB drive part# B-40GBXDRIVE-K2 for $160.
I just like high-tech gadgets.

No comments: